Privacy is important
TOT Group is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information. This policy explains:
- How information is collected, used and disclosed about customers, suppliers (and their employees), people who are employed or contracted by TOT and people who apply for employment with TOT
- How TOT comply with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles set out in that Act
- How to contact TOT for any questions about the management of personal information or would like to access the personal information TOT hold.
Technology is used to collect information about traffic through TOTs Internet site. However, TOT cannot identify individuals from that information. TOT use the information gathered to make the site more user-friendly and relevant for the needs of users.
Collecting and using information
TOT Group only collects information that is lawful, by fair means and reasonably necessary for one or more of its functions or activities. Personal information is only used for the purpose for which it has been provided.
Generally, the information TOT collect about customers includes name, mailing and/or physical address, delivery address, phone number, payment, credit and billing information, and e-mail addresses.
TOT also collect information about contractors, suppliers and their employees (including business name and address and contact details); and potential and new employees (including names, addresses, contact details, date of birth, employment and academic histories and the names of their referees).
Without the above details, TOT Group and its subsidiaries would not be able to carry on its business and provide services to its customers.
TOT collect, hold and use information to:
- Lease, deliver, administer, improve and personalise services.
- Open trading accounts, process payments and credit checks and complete and other necessary transactions.
- Communicate, including providing safety data sheets where relevant; responding to feedback, queries and complaints and notifying of safety alerts.
- Protect against fraud and theft.
- Recruit and assess future employees.
- Maintain and update our records.
Disclosure of information
TOT will not disclose personal information to third party organisations such as mailing and printing houses. Any third party access to personal information will be in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles. Disclosure of personal information will only be done so when there is a requirement or authorisation by law to do so or consent has been given to do so.
Accuracy and security of your personal information
TOT Group takes all reasonable steps to secure any personal information which is held about an individual or business and to keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Personal information is stored either electronically or in hard copy and appropriate information security measures are in place to protect this information.
TOTs website does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet. Users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet.
Keep us informed about all changes to personal information. To do this call on 1300 656 602.
Complaints or questions?
In most cases, individuals or businesses have a right to access the personal information held about them.
We will consider the complaint promptly and make contact to seek to resolve the matter. If TOT has not responded within a reasonable time, then there is an entitlement under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
Human Resources Manager
1/17 Willfox Street
Condell Park NSW 2200
TOT Group Fax No: 1300 656 672