1. About this Policy
TOT Transport is committed to protecting the privacy of personal information held about individuals in accordance with applicable laws. This policy explains:
- • How information is collected, used and disclosed about customers, suppliers (and their employees), people who are employed or contracted by TOT and people who apply for employment with TOT
- • How TOT comply with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles set out in that Act
- • How to contact TOT for any questions about the management of personal information or would like to access the personal information TOT hold.
This policy forms part of our Terms and Conditions for use of our website and mobile application. Technology is used to collect information about traffic through TOTs Internet site. However, TOT cannot identify individuals from that information. TOT use the information gathered to make the site more user-friendly and relevant for the needs of users.
2. Collecting and using information
Personal Information is information that identifies an individual. TOT Transport only collects information that is lawful, by fair means and reasonably necessary for one or more of its functions or services. Personal information is only used for the purpose for which it has been provided.
Generally, the information TOT collect about customers includes but not limited to; name, gender, date of birth, mailing and/or physical address, delivery address, contact details, payment, credit and billing information, and e-mail addresses.
TOT also collect information about contractors, suppliers and their employees (including business name and address and contact details); and potential and new employees (including names, addresses, contact details, date of birth, employment and academic histories and the names of their referees).
Without the above details, TOT Transport and its subsidiaries would not be able to carry on its business and provide services to its customers.
TOT collect, hold and use information to:
- Lease, deliver, administer, improve and personalise services.
- Open trading accounts, process payments and credit checks and complete any other necessary transactions.
- Communicate, including providing safety data sheets where relevant; responding to feedback, queries and complaints and notifying of safety alerts.
- Protect against fraud and theft.
- Recruit and assess future employees.
- Maintain and update our records.
3. Personal and Sensitive Information
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 to include information about an individual. Sensitive information will be used by TOT only for the purpose of:
- For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
- For secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
- With your consent, or where required or authorised by law
TOT may collect information directly from the individual or business in a variety of ways including through mobile application, forms, emails, verbal authorisation and surveys.
The Personal Data information TOT may collect via a mobile application includes but not limited to;
- First and Last name
- Contact Details
- Email Address
- Demographic location
- Time zone
- Photo uploads
3.1 Derivative Data and Uploaded Media
Information our mobile application automatically collects when users access the application that are integral actions to the use of the application, such as creating entries, editing entries, submitting entries, uploading media content to the application. As such, we may also request access to device’s audio, camera or camera roll in order for the applications functionality. Any uploaded information will be collected and stored securely on TOT’s servers.
Users are able to change their permissions access via their device’s settings.
4. Disclosure of information
TOT will not disclose personal information to third party organisations such as mailing and printing houses. Any third party access to personal information will be in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles.
Disclosure of personal information will only be done so when there is a requirement or authorisation by law to do so or consent has been given to do so.
5. Accuracy and security of your personal information
TOT Transport takes all reasonable steps to ensure security of any personal information which is held about an individual or business and to keep this information accurate and up-to-date. Personal information is stored either electronically or in hard copy and appropriate information security measures are in place to protect this information from risks such as misuse, unauthorised access, or disclosure.
TOTs website does not provide facilities for the secure transmission of information across the Internet. Users should be aware that there are inherent risks transmitting information across the Internet.
Keep us informed about all changes to personal information. To do this call TOT on 1300 656 602.
Complaints or questions?
6. Access to your Personal Information
Individuals or businesses may access personal information held about them to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If a request in writing should be submitted to the Human Resources Manager.
In order to protect Personal Information, TOT may require identification before releasing requested information.
We will consider the complaint promptly and make contact to seek to resolve the matter. If TOT has not responded within a reasonable time, then there is an entitlement under the Privacy Act to make a complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
7. Policy Updates